Since 1954, our team has helped us grow to become the #1 family-owned movie equipment rental company in America. Headquartered just south of Pittsburgh, PA, we have locations in New Jersey, New York, Michigan, Georgia (Dallas & Savannah) and Massachusetts.
We provide high-end trucks, trailers and production rental equipment for television and film. With a team of more than 100 members and a “Can Do Attitude,” Haddad’s continues to set the standard for exceptional service and quality.
See Our Team at Work
Trailer Technicians are responsible for performing preventative maintenance and general repairs on trailers to meet Haddad’s standards. Technicians complete all needed repairs keeping quality, safety, and expediency at the forefront. Technicians assist in the creation, maintenance and cleaning of new and existing trailers ensuring Haddad’s high expectations are met. This position will report to the Service Director and Service Managers
Responsibilities and Duties
- Repair, replace, create, maintain and clean Haddad trailers.
- Identify, diagnosis, and resolve trailer related issues, i.e. doors, floors, side panels, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, HVAC and general construction.
- Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on trailer equipment including routine technical repairs and completing repair orders.
- Use effective interpersonal skills to maintain positive working relationships with team members, all Haddad personnel and external vendors.
- Contribute to the goals of the shop, leadership team, and Company as a whole.
- Ensure proper documentation is complete, including permits, repair orders, filing, etc.
- Abide by all Company policies and safety rules and assist in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and take appropriate actions, recommend process changes, and initiate improvements.
- Be a positive role model for all team members providing support and enthusiasm – creating a professional, positive work environment.
- Work additional hours in accordance with business needs and other demands of the position.
- At least two (2) years of experience in an advanced skill in one or more of the following areas:
- Willing to train the right person!
- Must have a technical understanding with attention to detail
- Demonstrate dependability, thoroughness and excellent verbal communication skills
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening, DOT Physical and Background Check
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- CDL Class A license is preferred but not required
- Motivated, Self-starter
- Quick Learner
- Detail oriented
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive Pay
- 100% Paid Healthcare Benefits (for employee, spouse and children)
- Unrestricted, Guaranteed Overtime
- Performance-Based Bonus
- Weekly Pay Check
- Paid Vacation
- 401K with Company Matching
- Free Year-Round, Hands-On Training Program
- Advancement Opportunities
Monday- Friday, 9am-7pm (Occasional Saturdays)